School Philosophy and Objectives
The International School St. Gallen provides a high quality educational program in English for students from Kindergarten (starting at the age of 3) to Grade 12, that was designed to meet the children’s intellectual, physical, social and emotional needs. The school aims to:
- Challenge and support students to reach their full potential.
- Encourage students to think for themselves and acquire the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary for effective lifelong learning.
- Provide a challenging intellectual program for exploring the academic disciplines from a global and local perspective.
- Offer a student-centered, welcoming environment which fosters an enjoyment of learning and where student achievements are celebrated.
- Nurture and appreciate a diversity of languages and cultures as a way of knowing.
- Guide students to show concern for themselves, for others, for the community and for the environment.
- Develop in its students a lasting commitment to international understanding and responsibility.
- Cultivate respect, tolerance and acceptance of others.
- Encourage students to strive to be thinkers, communicators and risk takers who are inquiring, knowledgeable, principled, open-minded, caring, balanced and reflective.